All of a Sudden

All of a sudden, I'm exhausted. From many, many things. From house hunting, trying to get pregnant again... this time on purpose, from waiting, from trying to decide whats best, from constantly chasing a toddler, from teething, from the constant barrage of noise coming form the highway just beyond our windows, from worrying, incessantly, about bills and money.
But how do you turn it all off? How do you simplify? How do you make things easier, when for the longest time they just seem to get more complicated?
I want simple. I want a yard, I want a house on a quiet street, I want to be closer to family, I want to create more often, stress less. Spend more time rolling in the grass with my babies. Teach them how to grow things, how to care for animals and enjoy food, enjoy life.
Right now, at this time in my life, I want all of that, and nothing more. I don't care if I am keeping up/succeeding beyond those of my same age. Happiness means a hell of a lot more than money does.
I hope to be making long term changes for our family in the next couple of months. Thomas and I are tired of constantly trying to keep up. Constantly working as hard as we do and not seeing the benefits of that work in our personal lives. We hope to be closer to family, to Jamie's grandparents and his cousin and aunts and uncles. There's a house we have our eye on up there, one we hope we can get for a reasonable price, it needs updates, and I will be sharing those here. And hopefully finding more time to be in this space.

Comments

Popular Posts